Close X

Enforcement of Texas Orders

Enforcing Texas Orders

We represent clients seeking to enforce the terms of a divorce decree or custody order. You may need to seek to enforce an order when the other parent has failed to pay their court ordered child support or if you have been denied visitation with your child.  We have extensive experience with both seeking relief for these types of issues and also defending against these types of cases.  Having an experienced lawyer who has handled both sides of the issue provides you a unique attorney who can reasonably anticipate what the other side may attempt to do.  So, if you haven't received court ordered child support  whether you are not receiving child support or you have been denied visitation.  Contact the Law Office of Lori Elaine Laird at 832-699-1966 or complete a client contact form to have a member of our staff contact your to schedule your free confidential consultation.

Enforcement for Delinquent Child Support

The Texas Attorney's General office is the lead agency for the enforcement of unpaid child support obligations.  Child support arrearages not only can lead to wage garnishment, property liens and loss of tax refunds, they can also result in loss of your license to drive, fish, hunt, sell real estate, teach or practice medicine. Whether your problem involves modification or enforcement of family law rights, our lawyers can advise and represent you.  Contact our Houston office at 832-699-1966 or submit a case evaluation form for an attorney to contact you.

Enforcement / Contempt of Court Actions

When a parent refuses to honor visitation agreements, fails to pay child support or fails to comply with other court orders, the parent is in contempt of court. In most circumstances, it is important that a child is supported by and has meaningful relationships with both parents. That is why it is so important to follow custody, visitation and support arrangements. Failure to do so can jeopardize the child's well being. If a parent willfully and recklessly avoided complying with orders when it was feasible to do so, the parent may be charged criminally with contempt and could face potential jail time, fines and other consequences. Our attorneys help clients pursue court orders of enforcement.  We also defend against actions where enforcement or contempt cases are brought against you unjustly or for spite.  Everyone is entitled to a good defense and regardless of which side of the coin your case is one you can rest assured you will have the best offense or the best defense on your side.

Call our office today at 832-699-1966 to schedule your confidential consultation today or complete a client contact form to have a member of our staff contact you.  We will develop an individualized plan to solve your legal problem.


Child Support Enforcement Actions

If you are facing a child support enforcement action initiated by the AG’s Child Support Division we can answer the complaint and try to transfer your case to family court, where your options for a realistic payment plan will be somewhat broader. If you are the parent trying to enforce the terms of a divorce or paternity child support order, we can help ensure that your right to payment is brought current as quickly as possible.

Go to Top